....bed rest style. Ok, so it's actually Saturday, but I've been sick in bed all week and this is the first time I've felt like typing so give a girl a break;-). I haven't really left my bed this week, so here are the favorites that have carried me through:
Saturday, March 10, 2012
1. gossip girl: It's one of those shows that for years I've been asking myself why I don't watch because I had a sneaking suspicion that I would love it. Turns out I was right!! It's the best thing to happen to tv since The O.C. Thank goodness for Netflix and all of the past seasons right at my fingertips!
2. tea: Thanks to Liz spoiling me with Starbucks tea runs and my sudden opposition to coffee, tea is my new best friend. Can't get enough of it and loving that it's oh so calorie free;-)
3. soup: Why is it that when you are sick, nothing tastes better than a good old warm bowl of soup? Toni was sweet enough to make me a huge batch of chicken soup full of fresh herbs from her garden...just what the doctor ordered!
4. meals provided by someone other than me: Speaking of Toni and her to die for soup, there is nothing better than having a meal provided for your family. I have not made dinner in almost a week. That right there is almost worth missing my race for. Ok, not quite...but almost. Seriously though, I highly recommend getting sick or giving birth if for no other reason than being on the receiving end of a few hot meals delivered to your table;-)
5. my hubby: He's been a trooper...pretty much single parenting it all week, driving the girls to and from their activities, picking up the responsibilities of being "mom" for awhile. And to top it off, I'm usually asleep or half asleep and not keeping him much company. I can't wait to get some energy back and be part of this family again. I miss my peeps!
So there you have it, my favorite things about being holed up in my bedroom all week. Hopefully by next Friday I'll be fully recovered and enjoying things outside these four walls. Until then...more gossip girl;-)
Posted by alisson boyd at 4:47 PM