{faith . family . friendship . fashion . fitness . food . fun . fabulosity}

a



Monday, February 7, 2011

melt my heart

this is by far my favorite conversation of the week....
Earlier today, I was working on a blog post for Emma's birthday and I had tears running down my face. Madeline asked why I was crying and I told her that sometimes I get sad because I just wish my girls could stay little. A little while later, she came up to me and said, "Do you know that if you don't blow out the candles on your birthday cake then you don't turn that age and don't get any bigger? So I'm never gonna blow my candles out again and I'll stay little!" Big. Huge. Hug. A few minutes after that, she comes back to me and says, "Mom, on your birthdays can you not blow out the candles either? Cause if I'm always gonna be a little girl then I need you to stay a mommy. Otherwise, I'll just have three grandmas." Not only do I love how her little mind works, but I love the sweetness of this girl. She kills me.

p.s. earlier today, this same little girl left the playroom, ran across the house just to give me a kiss and then ran back to continue playing. please, please, NEVER GROW UP.

0 comments: